Setting Up a Megaport Account
To set up a new Megaport account, you create a company profile, set up a billing account, and assign a user role to a finance contact for invoice purposes. After you complete these steps, you can provision new services, test connectivity, and verify service pricing.
If you work with a Megaport partner, the partner will set up your account and help you manage it. For more information, see Partner Managed Accounts.
Before you set up a new account, make sure you have this billing information:
- Billing currency – A list of currencies for the billing market(s). You can specify a currency for each region, or globally.
- Billing markets – A list of markets where you want to provision services (you can add to this list at a later time).
- Company details – A registered company name and address.
- Billing contact details – The full name, email address, and phone number of the billing contact.
- Tax details – The tax or VAT registration number as required per region (for example, a Tax ID Number, New Zealand Business Number, Business Registration Number, or Australian Business Number).
- Purchase order number – An optional PO number for tracking. This number will appear on all invoices related to its market.
If you want to advertise your services on the Megaport Marketplace, this profile information will be required to complete your profile:
- Company logo
- Company biography
- Company headquarters address
- Contact email address, web site, and phone number
- Services offered by your company (selected via the Megaport Marketplace)
- Social media details: Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn (optional)
Megaport Marketplace connects your business to Megaport’s global ecosystem of enterprise customers. Service providers can promote their business and end users can efficiently multi-source their organization’s IT needs and find the best solution regardless of location. For details on Megaport Marketplace, see the Megaport Marketplace Overview.
Once you have set up your account, you can add a Port, a Megaport Cloud Router (MCR), and connect to the Megaport network. For details, see Creating a Port, Megaport Cloud Router (MCR) or Creating a VXC.