Virtual Cross Connect Pricing
The key factors that determine VXC pricing are the distance between the locations (the A-End and B-End) and the bandwidth that you configure.
There are three rate types based on distance:
Metro - A defined metropolitan area, usually a city or group of cities. A VXC connects two locations within the same city, such as:
Two Ports located in San Francisco
A Port and a Cloud Service Provider (CSP), both located in London
Zone - A group of Metros, typically multiple states or provinces. A VXC connects any two Metros within the same Zone, such as:
- Seattle and San Francisco (in the US West Zone)
Interzone - Different cities in different Zones. For example, an Interzone VXC connects:
- A Port in US West and one in US East
- A Port in NE Asia and a CSP in AU North
Pricing Zones and Metros
|Pricing Zone||Indicative Metro|
|US West||Seattle, Reno, Los Angeles, Portland, Las Vegas, Phoenix, San Diego, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Bay Area|
|US East||Ashburn, New York, Atlanta, Norwalk, Culpeper, Stamford, Miami, Boston, Philadelphia, Wise, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Orlando, Charlotte, Raleigh|
|US Central||Memphis, Grand Rapids, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Cincinnati, Austin, San Antonio, Denver, Kansas City, Columbus, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Omaha|
|CA East||Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa|
|CA West||Calgary, Vancouver|
|EU North||Brussels, Copenhagen, Rogaland, Luxembourg, Marseille, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Nuremberg, Helsinki, Oslo, Vienna, Geneva, Zurich, Warsaw, Paris, Madrid|
|EU West||Manchester, Edinburgh, London, Dublin, Birmingham|
|AU East||Wollongong, Sydney, Canberra|
|NZ||Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton|
|East Asia||Hong Kong|
|NE Asia||Tokyo, Osaka|
This figure shows the available Zones in Megaport’s global network:
For the most current location information, see the Megaport Locations page.
There are two easy options for obtaining a VXC price estimate:
- Megaport Pricing Tool - Specify your A-End and B-End data center locations, bandwidth, and currency. On the graph that appears, you can experiment and drag the data rate speeds over a number of days. For example, you can specify different speeds for weekdays and weekends.
Estimates generated in the Pricing Tool are not valid for AWS Hosted Connections, where incremental charges are applied.
- Megaport Portal - Test different VXC configurations without any obligation. Create a Port to see how Metros, Zones, Interzones, and data centers are priced. Create a VXC to get an immediate estimate in your currency before you deploy.
How does billing work?
Metro VXCs are billed a recurring monthly flat fee based on two bandwidth tiers:
- 1 Mbps to 1000 Mbps
- 1001 Mbps to 10 Gbps
Zone and Interzone VXCs are priced using two components:
- A recurring fixed fee based on the bandwidth tiers.
- Bandwidth-based rate (priced per Mbps per month). This rate is based on the time a VXC is active at a defined speed and bandwidth.