Welcome to the Megaport Documentation!
This site describes concepts and procedures for Megaport products and services.
You can learn about product features and step through configuration details.
Use search to find a specific topic, or use the site navigation to explore categories.
You can also use the navigation in the footer to step through the topics.
The following sections have been added or updated recently:
Support for IBM Direct Link 2.0:
- Connecting to IBM Direct Link 2.0 – This new topic describes how to connect to IBM Direct Link 2.0 from your Port on the Megaport network.
- Creating MCR Connections to IBM Cloud Direct Link 2.0 – This new topic describes how to create connections to IBM Direct Link 2.0 from your MCR on the Megaport network.
Configuring Q-in-Q – This topic has been updated with ways to configure multiple layer VLAN tag handling on network devices without native Q-in-Q support.
Connecting to Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute – This topic has been updated with ways to connect to ExpressRoute on network devices that do not support Q-in-Q.
- Megaport Support Services – This new section provides a general overview of the Support team and describes how to contact Megaport Support.
Megaport API documentation – The API reference documentation has been thoroughly updated, with a new format, new organization, and new examples in many popular client languages. The site also includes an updated Postman collection with pre-built requests.
Creating a VXC – A streamlined workflow in the Megaport Portal makes it easier to configure Megaport Cloud Router (MCR) Virtual Cross Connects (VXCs). The updated MCR Connection Detail page consolidates the VXC configuration attributes. This user experience refresh has no impact on existing MCR behavior.
- Monitoring Services for Status – This new topic describes how Megaport monitors services.
- Using the Megaport Terraform Provider – This new topic describes how to integrate the Megaport Terraform Provider with the Megaport API to provision and manage Megaport services.
- Port Diversity:
- Port Diversity – This new topic describes how to configure and manage diverse Ports.
- Creating a Port, Creating a LAG, and Adding a Port to an Existing LAG – These topics now include Port diversity details.
- Terminating a Port – This topic has been updated with a new section on terminating diverse Ports.
- Introducing support for OVHcloud Connect:
- Connecting to OVHcloud Connect – This new topic describes how to connect to OVHcloud Connect from your Port on the Megaport network.
- OVHcloud Connect Direct – This new topic describes how to set up a direct, secure connection to OVHcloud Connect.
- Creating MCR Connections to OVHcloud Connect – This new topic covers how to create connections between MCR and OVHcloud Connect.
- Modernizing Your MPLS Network with Megaport Solutions – This new topic examines options and considerations for modernizing your MPLS network with Megaport.
- Quick Start Guide – This new topic provides basic workflows to get your account set up and start provisioning network services.
- API Overview – This section enhances the API reference at dev.megaport.com by describing how to use the API to perform common tasks. New topics step you through using the API to complete procedures such as logging in, creating a Port or MCR, and creating a VXC to a Cloud Service Provider.
- Creating an MCR – The new Initial BGP State option lets you select whether you want any new BGP sessions you configure to be live as soon as you save the configuration.
- Understanding Locations – This new topic describes how to use the new Megaport Locations page to find a Megaport Point of Presence.
- Connecting to Cloudflare with Megaport – This new topic describes how to connect to Cloudflare through the Megaport Portal.
- Pricing & Billing updates:
Beyond this site, Megaport provides these additional learning resources:
If you have feedback, suggestions, or corrections
for this site and the online documentation,
send an email to Megaport Tech Pubs.