Managing User Roles
You can assign user roles to control the actions and permissions of users. The following user roles are available:
- Company Admin – The Company Admin user has access to all user privileges including user administration, market and financial configuration, company profile, creation and deletion of services, approval of orders, and notification subscription. We recommend limiting the number of Company Admin users to only those who require full access.
- Technical Contact – This role is for technical users who know how to design and modify services and have the authority to approve orders. Technical Contacts can also subscribe to notifications about services. Technical Contacts cannot delete services or access company or financial details.
- Technical Admin – The Technical Admin role is similar to the Technical Contact role with the addition of being able to administer service keys. Once the Portal is set up by the Company Admin, this role allows full control of service additions, moves, and changes. The Technical Contact cannot access company or financial details. This is the typical role for regular users who are creating ports, VXCs, and MCRs.
- Finance – Finance users can access financial data, place and approve orders, manage credit card records, and make payments. Users with this role can also view/delete services and create/modify service keys. Users of this role should have a financial responsibility within the organization while also understanding the consequences of their actions if they delete or approve services.
Note: While creating services, users can see the cost of the service before deploying. It is also possible to see the cost of deployed services by selecting a service in the Portal and viewing the Details tab.
- Financial Contact – This user role is similar to the Finance role without the ability to place and approve orders, delete services, or administer service keys. Financial Contacts can access financial data, manage credit card records, and make payments.
- Read Only – Read-only users can view service details but cannot make any changes to the Portal account or services. This is the most restrictive role.
Note: A user with the read-only role can view service details which might contain information about the service that you want to keep secure and private.
You can add user roles when you create a new user, or you can edit user information to change their role. For details about adding a new user, see Adding and Modifying Users.
To edit user credentials, you need Company Admin privileges.
To manage user roles and permissions
Log in to the Portal and choose Company > Manage Users.
The Manage Users page appears. This page lists existing users and you can add a new user or edit existing user privileges and contact information.
Click Edit to modify an existing user’s role or click New User (at the bottom of the page) to set up a new user and define their role.
- Select the role for the user.
- Click Save.