Adding a Port to an Existing LAG
The most simple LAG configuration is a single Port LAG, which configures the device on the Megaport side to run LACP on a single channel. However, this configuration doesn’t provide any added resilience. If Port capacity or traffic status requires resilience, you can add Ports to a LAG. For example, if traffic moves from development to production, you may require additional Ports.
When you add one or more Ports to a live LAG, they are automatically assigned the same location, speed, and Marketplace visibility as other Ports in the LAG. Any Ports that you add to a diverse LAG will inherit the diversity zone of the LAG.
To add a Port to an existing LAG
Log in to the Megaport Portal and choose Services.
Select a Port that is part of a LAG and click +Ports.
- Choose the number of Ports to add to the LAG from the drop-down list.
The maximum number of Ports in a LAG is 8.
- Specify these details for the new Port:
- Port Name – Specify an easily identifiable name for the Port.
- Minimum Term – Specify 1 month, 12 months, or 36 months. Longer terms result in a lower monthly rate. By default, a rolling month-to-month term is selected.
- Invoice Reference (optional) – Specify an identifying number for the Port to be used for billing purposes, such as a purchase order number.
- Port Diversity – If the current location supports diversity, this section notifies you that the new Port will be added to the diversity zone of the LAG. For details on Port diversity, see Port Diversity.
- LACP & LAG Ports – Specify the number of Ports to add to the LAG from the drop-down list.
- Click Next.
The price updates dynamically based on your selections.
- Complete the order process.
For more information, follow steps 5 to 10 in Creating a Port.