Configuring a Direct Connect Dedicated Connection
A Direct Connect dedicated connection can support up to 50 public or private virtual interfaces and one transit virtual interface. The configuration requires a physical cross connect between a Port and a Direct Connect port and a Virtual Cross Connect (VXC) between the Port connected to the Direct Connect port and a second Port.
To create a Direct Connect dedicated connection
- Provision a Direct Connect port in the AWS Console and designate Megaport as the vendor.
- Download an LOA from AWS.
- Provision a Port in the same data center as the Direct Connect port.
- Contact your Megaport account manager to set up a physical cross connect from the Direct Connect port to the Port.
- Configure a private VXC to connect the Port attached to the Direct Connect port to a second Port in a different data center.
This connection is not set up exclusively through the Megaport Portal, but instead requires direct coordination with your Megaport account manager.