Megaport is a software layer that interconnects people, enterprises, and service providers. Using Software Defined Networking (SDN), you can deploy private point-to-point connectivity between any of the locations on Megaport’s global network infrastructure.
The Megaport network
Megaport’s network enables fast, flexible, and on-demand connectivity to hundreds of global services. You can deploy services on-demand, with additions and changes completed in about 59 seconds through the Megaport Portal or API. Megaport connectivity is free of locked-in or inflexible contracts.
With an extensive footprint throughout Asia Pacific, North America, Europe and Middle East Megaport provides access from hundreds of locations.
Easy, flexible, and on-demand
- As your business demands change, you can easily increase or decrease your bandwidth at any time.
- Create and run a global network with or without the need for physical infrastructure.
- Megaport network use is based on a pay as you go service model. Connections can range from 1 Mbps to 100 Gbps, depending on the data center.
- Flexible contract terms that align with cloud consumption models.
- Provision direct connectivity to the leading cloud and network providers on the Megaport network.
- Connect to multiple cloud providers and cloud regions from a single interconnection point for cost-effective multi-region redundancy.
Secure and private connectivity
- Establish seamless, point-to-point connectivity between regions and cloud service providers from your physical data center or without the need to own and manage hardware.
- Keep your traffic secure when connecting between metros, regions, and countries.
- The Megaport network does not traverse the internet. All cloud service provider (CSP) connections are enabled through their dedicated partner connections and fully integrated with CSP APIs.
- Deploy scalable bandwidth between your data centers for storage backup and replication.
- Manage your connectivity autonomously and optimize your workflow using Megaport’s API.
- Megaports - High-speed Ethernet interfaces (1G, 10G, and 100G ports) that connect to the Megaport network.
- Virtual Cross Connects (VXCs) - Connections available between any two endpoints on the Megaport network with 1 Mbps to 10 Gbps of capacity.
- Megaport Cloud Routers (MCRs) - Virtual router for on-demand, private, Layer 3 connectivity to service providers between key global routing zones.
- Internet Exchange (IX) - Connect to content and services across multiple regions, exchanging traffic directly and reducing bandwidth usage on client Internet connections.